Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SPE 370 Blog Post # 1 R&R


At this point of the year and where I am at in my life, I chose a beach as an icon to represent myself. To start off for reason number one, I love the beach and plan on spending as much as possible of this upcoming summer at the beach. Society has many unique ways of defining what the beach represents and stands for. Some people look at a beach and see a party, some look and see a relaxing getaway, and others see a brand new adventure. This idea is a general way of how I would describe where my life is right now.
                In terms of looking at the beach and seeing a party, I would definitely agree. Summer is the one season I try and take full advantage of being away from school and having all the fun I can, which is usually at the beach (mainly Wildwood). The beach is where I can spend all day and night trying to keep the party going. The atmosphere of the beach, especially places like Wildwood, Sea Isle, and Atlantic City are very care free, fun, and go with the flow type atmospheres. This is the type of atmosphere I like to have for my summer even though there are many times when I still have to push and work hard.
                I also agree with looking at the beach and seeing a relaxing getaway. Sometimes I need to get away from everything and just relax and just kick it. My life can get very hectic and I need that time to myself where I can just relax and let my mind wander, which is a lot like what could go on in the beach picture I have posted.
                 Lastly I also completely agree with looking at the beach and seeing an adventure. When you first walk on the beach you can see the sand, people, and the shallow end of the ocean. The sand is where everyone is most comfortable because all the people are around and there is no need to worry about swimming out. In other words it is the safest place to be. Then, some people like to actually go out and swim in the water; this is like taking a minor risk. People have to be a little more daring to go out and splash around with the waves, current, and whatever other nasty things are floating around the bottom of the Jersey Shore water. Then you can see some people swimming very far out by themselves. I like to think of myself as that person swimming out far in life, not necessarily in the ocean, but my goals in life. I aim to go as far as possible and rely on myself to get there, like the person swimming in the deep ocean. When you are that far out you need to be completely on point and at your best swimming because of how deep the water is. This is how I think of myself and my football career, I need to go as far as possible with it and be at my best if I want to succeed while making sacrifices on the way, like leaving the comfort of the sand.   

1 comment:

  1. Nice observations, Josh. I'm not sure we can "agree with" seeing a party or "agree with" seeing an adventure -- we might share those ideas, though. It's been really nice to work with you this year. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete